This is the scorecard we use, and invite our clients to use, to measure success. Whether for a short-term project such as a meeting facilitation or a longer-term engagement such as organizational design, inclusion, or leadership programs, we consider success when we can answer yes to the following questions.
- Were the short-term and long-term goals achieved?
We rigorously identify desired outcomes so that together consultants and clients can steer to success.
- Is the solution sustainable?
Solutions should be durable and comfortably maintained.
- Have people learned
- How to address similar issues in the future? Can the client generalize the solution to future situations? (organizational capacity)
- How to work together effectively to create solutions to other issues? (process knowledge and skill)
- About their own strengths, needs, and capacity to contribute to solutions in the future? (individual capacity)
- About the particulars that created the original challenge and ways to avoid it or ways to create new direction? (content knowledge)
- Is the organization more fully capable of living out its mission? (alignment)